Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Marilynn's Passing

The world lost a beautiful life this week. On Wednesday, May 4th, Marilynn returned home to her loving Heavenly Father. She was surrounded with family and left peacefully. Although we will greatly miss her presence, we are comforted to know she is free from pain.

As seen with the latest blog post, the last few months have been challenging. However, in spite of the immense pain she felt, Marilynn was able to work on her life history and spend time with her husband and children. Marilynn was not one to complain—even when the pain became unbearable. She left each of us with a powerful example to continue running through life with a positive and joyful attitude. 

Thank you all for your kind words, uplifting thoughts and prayers. We have all felt uplifted by your sentiments. Arrangements are being made by the Pierce Funeral Home, 9609 Center Street, Manassas, Virginia. Please follow their website for funeral information and obituary: http://www.piercefh.com/. In lieu of flowers, we encourage donations to the American Cancer Society in her name: https://donate.cancer.org/index.


 A viewing will be held Sunday, May 8th from 5:30-7:30 PM. An additional viewing will be available on Monday, May 9th from 11:00-11:45 AM. A funeral service will follow at 12 PM. Both the viewing and funeral will be held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, located at 2719 Hunter Mill Road, Oakton, Virginia 22124.

Below is a photo taken last Saturday, April 30th, of Justin, Marilynn & Steve cheering on a local 5K. Marilynn was excited to cheer on the runners as the route ran right past their house.




Love, Steve, Troy, Stephanie, Justin & Stacey



10 comments:

  1. We love you all. We fasted for your family on Sunday and hope you can feel our prayers and Heavenly Father's arms around you. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! Sending lots of love and prayers for peace and comfort to all 9f you. Loved Marilyn so very much. Live to all! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart is filled with sadness for sweet Marilynn's passing. I met her only 4 years ago and truly loved her. I know she has gone to a beautiful place now. I'm praying for all of her wonderful family. XoX

    ReplyDelete
  5. We did lose a beautiful life this week. We are so thankful for our sure knowledge of life after death. We know she is with loved ones and free of pain.
    We count our lives blessed to be her sister.
    Much love,
    John and Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just don't know what I am going to do without my sister. Thank you Marilynn for being an inspiration to us all. You showed us how to live with a "Grateful Heart" amidst all odds. Our sister, Kathleen shared a quote with the family about gratitude. It said,
    “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” Thank you for your Grateful Heart.
    I miss you already!
    Your Sister, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. How shocking it was for me to see this signed by Steve, Troy, Stephanie, Justin and Stacey. My first thought was, "Marilynn's name is not on this". It took a few seconds for my brain to register the fact that Marilynn is no longer on this earth. I can no longer pick up the phone and call her.
    I love the way Marilynn's family pointed out what a powerful example Marilynn was of continuing to run through life with a positive attitude. I am reminded of a time Marilynn in the grocery store. She was pushing the grocery cart really fast as she pulled items off the shelve to purchase. A man asked her why she was in such a hurry. Marilynn answered, "Oh I am not in a hurry. I always walk this fast." The only times she would admit to being discourage were the days she was not able to get outdoors and go for a speed walk. She used to run, so she settled for speed walking once she became too ill to run.
    Marilynn has been such an inspiration to more people than I am sure we will ever know. My Dearest Sister Marilynn, I will forever love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are saddened to hear the news of Marilynn's passing. Sending our love to your family from Marilynn's Provo High School Classmates. She has always been beautiful on the inside and out and is loved by many. An amazing example of goodness. Love, Larraine Massey Nelson and classmates

    ReplyDelete
  9. Until we meet again. We have been very blessed to know you and even more to have you as an Auntie. We have always enjoyed the Forsyth Family news letters and Christmas pictures. It's already only been a few days since you graduated from this life and we miss you much. Steve, Troy, Stephanie, Justin & Stacey we love you. Much love Chaske, Monica, Halaina & Leona Stewart

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I lost my son, many were there to give love and support, but Marilynn brought me a book that helped me to see his death with different eyes, The Birth That We Call Death. It gave me peace and understanding of my terrible loss and it is a book I have given to others who lost loved ones. From that book I read, "Life is eternal and love is immortal; and death is only a horizon, and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight". My heartfelt sympathy for your loss.

    ReplyDelete