Saturday, September 19, 2015

Wonderful Family Love and Support

September 18, 2015

On Wednesday, September 16, I completed the third week of my chemo regimen.  I will now have a week off.  It will be good to have a break.

The first week of the past regimen went well.  I was not as sick during the week following the first treatment.  In fact it was Labor Day weekend, and three of my sisters (Jessie, Kathleen and Tammy) and their husbands visited us for the weekend.  We spent most of the time at our Lake Anna house.  It was really fun being with them, and it was relaxing at the lake.  I could rest when I needed to.  We spent time eating, visiting and laughing.  I enjoyed watching the others do water sports, and we all enjoyed a nice boat ride.  I even took a ride on the jet ski.   Before we went to the lake, my sisters also helped me pick out some wigs.  We had so much fun as they tried on wigs as well.  I felt a lot of love and support from them.  My family is fabulous!  







The second and third weeks have been more difficult.  I have felt much sicker with headaches, body aches, nausea and stomach pain.  Overall, it has not been a lot of fun.  It was my daughter’s birthday (Stacey).  She and Stephanie, my other daughter, came to visit me on the weekend of September 11-13.  I felt pretty good on Friday, and we took a little bike ride around the Washington monuments.  It was a beautiful day, and we took a very relaxed pace.  It was very pleasant.  Unfortunately, on Saturday, I became very ill.  I had a severe headache and lots of nausea.  I spent nearly all day in bed.  I was very sad and disappointed because I had planned to take Stacey shopping for her birthday.  Sunday, I felt a little better, but not great.  I was pleased to be able to attend at least one hour of Church on Sunday.  I always enjoy seeing so many friends and feeling their love and support.   For the remainder of this week, I have not felt very well.  I haven’t had to stay in bed, but I continue with the pains described above.  Sleep has also been challenging.  





Even though I have not felt well, Heavenly Father and the Savior have blessed me.  For example, one day when I was feeling extremely sick and crying, I prayed asking whey I had to experience all this suffering.  In response, I was reminded of one of my favorite scriptures in John 14:27, which reads as follows: “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”  I am grateful for the peace that comes from Heavenly Father and the Savior.

6 comments:

  1. Since Marilynn looks so good in all these pictures, it's hard to believe she is extremely ill. She is determined to live life to the fullest. My beautiful sister is a women of great faith and determination. I have never known Marilynn to complain about anything, and I am grateful that she is being very honest in letting us know how ill she is, and how difficult this journey is for her. But at the same time, she always gives thanks to our Heavenly Father and our savior.


    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so neat to see you with your sisters that weekend. My sister Camille flew out to take care of me that weekend as well. So Collette, Camille and I were together. I was inspired that my mom was with her sisters taking care of each other and my sisters were together taking care of each other as well! What an example and a legacy you sisters have left for your daughters.

    This continues to be such a physical and emotional trial in your life. I'm so sorry. That is so hard. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I appreciate the scripture and also find it very uplifting. We will pray for peace for you. All our love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wait for your blog updates. Thank you so much for sharing your feelings and thoughts. How I wish I could take away this hard thing. I am uplifted by your faith. Lots of prayers are being offered for you. Love you so
    Tams

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every prayer I pray pleading for your well being and recovery Marilyn--all day long! Sending you hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It hearts my heart to know all the suffering you are going through. You inspire me. I admire how you choose to live life to the fullest no matter the circumstances.
    I pray for peace and comfort for you. I pray you feel the love that we all have for you and your family.
    I love you,
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aunt Marilynn, your strength is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your journey. Wish we all lived closer so we could spend more time together. So wonderful to see you with your sisters, brothers-in-law, and children.
    God Bless, Jodi

    ReplyDelete