Wednesday, December 9, 2015

ENCOURAGING CT-SCAN RESULTS

December 9, 2015

I had another CT-Scan to check on the effectiveness of my current chemotherapy treatment.  On December 8, we reviewed the results with my oncologist.  Overall, the results were very encouraging.  The primary finding is that, since my last CT-Scan at the end of September, my cancer has remained stable rather than continuing to spread.  In fact, in the area around my lungs, the cancer has reduced slightly.  Thus, reducing the irritation in that area.   I will continue on the same treatment plan until my next CT-Scan two months from now.


I am so thankful for these encouraging test results.  I feel very blessed.  I have been feeling a little better lately.   However, I continue to have pain in my abdomen most of the time.  The headaches and nausea have been reduced some. Challenges continue due to my prior surgery.  I continue to experience a lot of acid reflux each night.  Eating remains challenging, as I need to eat small amounts frequently.  It is hard to identify what is causing my pain.  At times, I cannot distinguish whether it is coming from the cancer or from the changes in my stomach related to my prior surgery.

To keep up my energy and my emotional well being, Steve and I have been walking/running three miles most days, and we have been writing my life history.  These activities have lifted my spirits.  I have also been strengthened by the wonderful encouragement from my family and friends.  It was great having most of our family visit us over Thanksgiving.  My grandson, Taylor, even shaved his head to match my bald head from the chemo treatments.

I am enjoying the Christmas season.  I am grateful for the Savior.  At Church last Sunday, we sang “Away in the Manager”.  I love the third verse, which reads as follows:
“Be near me, Lord Jesus; I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with Thee there.”

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas.

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, and so inspiring! Thank you for sharing your progress with us. Prayers for your continued strength and health.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are inspiring Marilyn! Thank you for sharing your journey. You remain in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marilyn!! There aren't words to express my feelings as I read this! I feel so proud and grateful to know such a great person. I feel great sadness to know you are suffering so much! I feel inspired by your strength and courage and faith and I feel so blessed to have been in your ward for a time. I will pray for your comfort and healing as I'm sure many others do! Please know that Eric and I are thinking of you. I'm so sad to know you are suffering this pain and I know there isn't a lot your friends can do. But I know our Father can do anything!! We love you and Steve. Thank you for your example!!! You really do inspire us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is making me tear up. I couldn't be more proud of you Marilynn! Your strength and faith has brought about miracles. I feel blessed to learn from your perseverance and faith. You are a Wonder Woman!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post lifts my spirits, and I am happy for you that you have had encouraging news -- it's a Christmas gift for you and Steve and your family. I cannot sing the third verse of Away in a Manger without crying because of the tenderness of the request to have the Savior near to us always. I know that you feel His presence in your journey with cancer, and your faith sustains mine. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An EFY song says something like this "with the Spirit inside us and a prophet here to guide us and with "angels" walking beside us... we can carry on in the path of our life with hope and faith in our purpose here on earth. Marilynn, you and your wonderful husband are such Christlike examples of living a Christlike life amidst "hard things". Thank you for your posts. Thank you for goodness. Thank you for your gratitude and your determination to enjoy every moment. We are all being blessed by your faith, your strength and your tenderness.
    Your Sister
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful news, Marilynn! There are still difficult challenges, bit there is also progress. We love and admire you, and we all shall keep you in our prayers. John and Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy to hear this encouraging news! I'm looking forward to seeing you in Park City soon, especially with our Felt Family Gathering at my home on Monday evening, Dec. 28. It will be such a treat to have you and your family there! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you, Marilynn! So grateful for the encouraging news, but am so sorry to hear of the continued pain. You are in our thoughts and prayers and are so looking forward to seeing you and your family in a few weeks time. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's wonderful news Marilyn! You are so inspiring and positive in the midst of so much pain and adversity. You are in our thoughts and our prayers. Keep fighting! Love, David and Penny Atchley

    ReplyDelete
  11. How inspiring. Through all that positivity I can still feel and see how much pain you go through on a daily basis. We are so looking forward to seeing you after Christmas. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dearest Marilynn,
    Thank you so much for your sweet testimony of hope in Relief Society today. What you said was very touching and filled the room with the Spirit. I pray for you and think about you often, as do so many others who love you. Thank you so much for your example. Keep up your hope and I know the Lord will sustain you. Love, Penny Atchley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Marilynn & Steve and all of the Forsyth Family, We loved seeing all of you at the the Felt Family gathering that Theresa hosted on December 18th! We were thrilled seeing how strong and heathy Marilynn looked and we can't wait to post some of the photos that we took. We loved reading through and looking at the two great big autobiographical photos books that you brought for all of us to see. I wish everyone could have a chance to see those books. The big miracle that because he knew that Marilynn was coming, our brother Larry shoveled his out of the huge Pine Valley, UT snowbanks and made the drive up to Park City just to see her!
    With love,
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marilynn, You have been in my thoughts and prayers, since receiving your Christmas card. I wish it was possible to give you a warm, supportive hug and to offer myself in any possible way. You continue to live life as an inspiring example of love, faith and grace, to all who are blessed to know you. Your spirit touches hearts and minds and I am thankful to have had you next door for a few years, but as a friend for many years. May love and joy fill your heart. Lou Forrest








    ReplyDelete