Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Port is Out

I got my port out this morning.  I was supposed to have it removed Monday but had to reschedule because of the snow.  I was so anxious because I've just had so much done.  This was the last thing I was having removed and I was so excited to be done but scared something would go wrong.  The doctors were all really understanding and I did really well.  I told the doctors I was cold and they gave me a bunch of warm blankets to wrap up in.








I'm still trying to figure out what to eat.  I have low energy a lot and my system is still learning to tolerate more complex foods.  After my procedure today I was given a sandwich with MAYONNAISE!  At first I thought the doctor was joking with me in offering it.  He was serious and it was delicious.

My procedure this morning did require anesthesia so I am just resting at home today.  I am not feeling very well and the wound on my chest where they removed the port is very sore.  I look forward to feeling better in the coming days.

I love walking to our new home that is in the process of being built.  I loved walking on Monday when it was snowing/  It was very cold but it was a fun walk.



I am touched by all the offers to bring meals and the sweet thoughts in your letters and comments on this blog.  Thank you for your thoughtfulness in sending gifts.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray, you are free from all tubes and devices! May you be able to get some good rest! You have a big team cheering you on. Sending love and warm thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mayonnaise on your sandwich made me drool! I sure hope it tasted really good to you, and that it is just the beginning of enjoying good eats again. Love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Now your body can really focus on healing! I am so excited to see the progress on the new house this summer! B is so very excited to come see you all, she is counting down the days! I still love to hear her little nightly prayers for Nana to feel better and her surgery to go well(she still doesn't get that the surgery is over and done with)! Her honest and sincere little prayers are the best you could get! :-) We love you Nana!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was about 3 months ago that you went in to have the feeding tube inserted, and you became extremely ill. I know the past 3 months has been more difficult than any of us can imagine. I am SO glad that the past three months is now behind you! It will only get better from here on out.
    Love, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news it is out! What a blessing that you did not need to use it.
    You have such faith. I am proud of you.
    Much love,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are still praying for you and for comfort (especially at nights), how amazing that you are out walking! What an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete