Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Good Bye Joey

I broke up with my Joey(my ugly feeding tube).  He was a good friend but I am very happy to have it out of me.  I went in a day early because I had developed a kind of infection around the tube.  Because of the bad experience I had earlier with  the tube I was very apprehensive to have it removed.  While I was voicing my concerns to the Doctor he promised to warn me before he removed it.  I instantly knew he was tricking me and removing it as we spoke.  The great news is that there was no pain at all.  After it was removed he put some topical anesthetic on it which caused a lot of pain.

I had my final chest X-ray which confirmed that there is no more chyle leak.  Thus, I'm allowed to eat any kind of food.  I do have to be careful to chew food very well and not eat things that might catch in my throat.

I was telling the doctors how I am still having pain in my sternum, back, side, and neck.  They laughed and said, "Yes!  And it will contiune.  This is why we told you 2014 would be the year of the surgery."

I only have one more foreign object to be removed.  It is this IV port in my neck.  I will have it removed Monday morning.   It has been causing me pain and I can not wait to have it out.  I'll make my next blog post on Monday after it's completed.

Thank you for all of your comments, prayers, and letters.

9 comments:

  1. Each day sounds a bit better. Getting all those foreign things out has to feel good! Now you can look forward to Monday!! You're amazing! Keep smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you got your feeding tube finally removed! Next Monday will be the next big day! Now we just need to get you sleeping better at night and so your body can have some good time to heal!! Know I am praying for you everyday!
    Love Tams

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are progressing well. Yes will help to get some tubes and all the extras out that you carry around. Hopefully it will relieve a lot of the pain. You have braved it well. You have witnessed that life is not easy and we love you so much for it. May you continue to be blessed and know we love you so very much. You have my best well wishes and love. Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that pain is soon a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never liked Joey anyway. Good riddance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be over soon with a pot of chicken noodle soup, etc. So glad your Joey is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that is great news! I was so touched by your blog about how Joey has been a blessing. But progress is a wonderful thing. Having it removed is big progress.
    Love you,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Monday will be 6 weeks since your surgery. You have made amazing progress, Marilynnn! Is that "our" Justin who said "I never liked Joey anyway. Good riddance!" It made me laugh to read that comment.
    I am excited for you to get that port taken out of your neck.
    Much Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete