Saturday, February 8, 2014

Outings with Joey

Steph's been here for a little over a week now.  I'm so grateful for her and all the help she has been.  Steve, Troy and I will miss her so much tomorrow when she returns home.  I'm also so grateful for her mother in law, Iona Syphus who flew across the country and spent 5 snow days taking care of the kids while Lee was at work.

I appreciate how many people have offered to come and help.  Steve has to be out of town briefly this next week so my sister Yvonne has offered to come and help me.  I'm excited to see her.  Stacey will come later in the week.

As I'm feeling a little better each day I'm having fun going on different outings.  Of course I have to bring my Joey but it's so nice to be out.  I'm sure I look weird connected to someone by a surgical tube in a backpack but it's better than being stuck in the house all day!  Last week we went to Costco.












Yesterday we went see the hole that is being dug for our new house.
So I'm making progress.

The most difficult thing for me right now is the extreme pain I have in my back.  I can't lay down for very long at a time.  Eating is not much fun right now either as it's mostly meal replacement shakes and egg whites.  My food has to be fat free (yeah, he messed up in telling me that I could have salmon).  The good thing there is that after another month or so I will probably be able to eat a more typical diet.  

Thanks to all for your love and concern.  I am also grateful for all the prayers of family and friends.  Our neighbor, who we don't know very well told me today that she prays for us every day.  I believe these prayers are helping me along the path to recovery.  

8 comments:

  1. so sorry for the continued pain.

    your recovery seems remarkable. your strength and determination shine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're staying to feel a little better and that Steph was able to come stay with you! We are keeping you in our prayers and hope you make a full recovery as soon as possible! Let me know if I can help at all!
    Kristen Wintle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers each day. Thank you for these blog updates... it is so good to hear how things are going and how you are doing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished a short book by President Monson where he shares different experiences throughout his life (I loaned it out so I can't quote it exactly) but I love that he said, "The Lord is aware of the details in our lives." He cares about us and what we are going through. I pray for you to have strength, and that the pain lessons so you can be more comfortable as you go through this experience/trial. Chmoki-Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to hear that Yvonne is coming. It
    will be wonderful for both of you. It will be fun to see the progress of you home. How exciting it is finally starting. I love you.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to come out! ! I wish we lived closer. I would rub your feet and back and make creations in the juicer for you. Great job on keeping an upbeat and strong spirit. You are inspiring. We love you and love the blog updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Steph's old roomie Jessie. I just wanted to tell you how happy I am to see you doing so well! I hope you are able to recover completely and quickly. You and your family are in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete