Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Stacey Came


Stacey spent Valentines weekend with us.  The second she walked in the door she bought with her a burst of energy and positivity.  She was a ton of help to me at all hours of the day and night; sleeping in the same room as me to help me through the long nights.  She gave me back rubs and helped me with my medicine.  I know she missed out on a lot of sleep but she helped me so much.  Thanks to Brock for sharing his Valentine with me.
We watched a few shows together such as Friends, Downton Abbey, Parenthood, The Goldbergs, and the Olympics.  This is a a picture of us on Sunday night watching TV.



We delivered chocolates to some of my doctors and surgeons over the weekend to say thank you for all their work during my surgery and recovery.  During the day my back pain is improving which is great. I have been feeling some nausea which I think is caused by all the pain medication I am taking.  The nights are still long but are improving some.  
Thanks for all your help and prayers. I know they are helping me get a little better each day.

8 comments:

  1. What a blessing your children are. You have such love and unity in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken was so happy to see you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great picture! Love is the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will this accept my comments? This is the 3rd time I have tried to post tonight!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so grateful that I was able to spend 5 days with Marilynn last week. I have been so worried about her and it set my mind at peace since I was able to be with her. I stayed in her bed with her at night, hoping that Steve could get some sleep in a nearby bedroom. We all know what a Super Hero Steve has been ever since Marilynn was diagnosed with cancer.
    Marilynn does really well during the day, even though she is in tremendous pain. She handles the constant pain without any complaint.She just needs someone to carry her bag with her feeding tube enclosed inside. That little machine goes everywhere with her!
    Troy is always available to help his mom. He puts on his surgical gloves to clean out her feeding tube, and replace the '''yummy" looking "stuff" that goes directly into his mom's stomach. Troy gives her back rubs and basically is always there to help if Marilynn needs him. Speaking of back rubs, Marilynn has this mysterious pain in her back. She has been cut open in so many places, and has some serious looking wounds. But it seems the worst pain is coming from the one of the wounds on her back.
    My sister, Marilynn, is a women of great faith! I agree with the people that have talked about what great kids and what a wonderful husband she has.
    Love your sister,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marilynn, Thanks so much for the update. This blog is so great the way we can share information and updates. I can tell it is so exhausting for you to talk on the phone for long. I love that you have some great tv shows distracting you! Know you are so loved and lots of prayers are being offered for you! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad to hear prayers are being answered. As I read about you finding gratitude for the ugly tube I couldn't help but think of Corrie Ten Boom in the book The Hiding Place. Blessings can be found in the most unlikely places. It takes someone like you to discover them though! Keeping you in our prayers! XO D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved reading this! Stacey brings energy to every room she enters I think! So glad she was able to be there with you! B is so excited to fly with her aunt stacey and come see you all! We love you Nana!

    ReplyDelete