Sunday, August 2, 2015

New Chemo, Still Able to Wink

On Friday, July 24, I got the chemo pump removed after my second chemo regimen.   The nurse, Jackie, was my angel.  She was so kind and caring.  She took my hands, and I felt of her love as if an angel were touching me.  Later on that night when it had been a hard night, I thought of her and her kindness.

After returning home that day, I experienced extreme abdominal pain and bloating.  I also had a lot of nausea and felt very tired.  Stephanie and Lee arrived here for a night on their way home from a Europe trip so at least I was able to enjoy a night with them even though I did not feel well. 

Since Friday, I have had some nausea, but the main problem has been the swelling and bloating in my lower abdomen.  I have also had a lot of fatigue.  However, I have been able to do yoga with Justin and walk some on the treadmill and lift a few weights.

 On Tuesday, July 28, I had another CT Scan of my abdomen.  It showed a little fluid in my upper abdomen and a moderate amount in my lower abdomen.  More significantly, it showed additional cancer growth in the abdomen.  With this new information, my oncologist is modifying my chemo treatments.  I will be receiving weekly treatments of Taxol and biweekly treatments of Ramucirumab.  I won’t be using the pump any more.

The CT Scan results are discouraging.  When I read through them, I became so discouraged.  I prayed and cried.  Although I did not receive a precise prompting, I was given an overwhelming feeling of peace and comfort.  With that, I was able to go forward without focusing exclusively on the scan results. 

I continue to appreciate everyone’s love and support.  The experience this past week reminded me of the song, “His Hands”.  The song depicts the Savior helping us through other people.  I feel the Savior’s love through so many people’s hands serving me.

In the photo below, we are enjoying the beautiful sunset. 


11 comments:

  1. We love you Marilynn. We love your family. We are so grateful for all the wonderful people that are being "HIs Hands"
    We pray many times a day for you to feel the Saviors love and peace.
    Love,
    John and Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maryilynn, praying you'll feel our love and support. My parents are hoping to see you for a little bit today. :)) I'll hear from them I'm sure. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love you and continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marilynn, I am so uplifted as I read your posts. My faith is strengthened by your example and trust in the Lord. I am so sad about the setback but am very glad they have tests like this where they can see if they should change the chemo. My days come and go but everyday I think of you and pray for you. I love you so!
    Your sister Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. That is so so hard. Having dealt with extreme nausea I honestly got teary eyed reading this. The nausea is just one small part of everything you are dealing with. I can not imagine. If you have not seen the movie Son of God I would really recommend it. We just watched it and it was inspiring. Our love and prayers are with you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know the song you are referring to but I started a hunt looking for it and found some wonderful music about being In His Hands. Even if this isn't the some it made me think about how we are all in His hands... sending positive thoughts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ighpk8Dlwz4 I don't know if this is the one you are talking about but We are in His hands!

    In His Hands Song Clip

    I've had disappointments and so have you
    I remember times when times were bad
    But I am so glad, for every moment
    That I've spent in His hands,
    In His hands

    (Chorus)
    In His hands there's only safety
    Nothing there can touch you except Him
    Bring your burdens and all your failures
    Lay them down and rest here in His hands

    I will have more problems and so will you
    But through every one we all can stand
    If we're in His hands, so are the trials
    There is no cause for fear, In His hands

    (Repeat Chorus)

    In His hands there's only safety
    Nothing there can touch you except Him
    Bring your burdens and all your failures
    Lay them down and rest here
    Lay them down and rest here
    Lay them down and rest here, In His Hands

    © In His Hands/1980/Michael W. Smith & Gary Chapman/Paragon Music Corp/ASCAP/Addi Music/BMI
    All Rights Reserved Brenton-Benson Music Publishing Company

    ReplyDelete
  7. The song is different than the words that follow. But I liked them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Marilynn and Steve,
    My thoughts are with you, as well as my prayers. These blogs are so helpful for us to read. You are both righteous people who are dealing with such a challenging situation. I love the winking thing going on! You are both an inspiration to us. Lamar and I are keeping you all in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marilynn and Bishop,

    We love you and are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your "Mama Dragons" shirt, Mom!

    ReplyDelete