Thursday, July 23, 2015

Back for More Chemo

I returned for my second chemo regimen on July 22.  Before the 22nd, I had started to feel better.  For the first 10 days after the chemo, I did not feel very well.  I was fatigued.  On some days my legs felt very rubbery and heavy.  I had pain in my joints.  My right foot was extremely painful on some days.  This limited my exercise of walking on some days.  Steve would rub my foot at nighttime with some oils, which provided partial relief.  My nausea decreased over time.  Swelling/bloating remained an issue causing a lot of pain and making eating more difficult.

I have begun working on consolidating my journal.  However, it has been a slow process because we stay busy with doctors’ appointments and I move more slowly.  I appreciate many family members helping me with my journal and photo album efforts. 

The last three days before my second chemo regimen began I started to feel better.
My mouth sores disappeared and it felt so wonderful.  It is hard for me to even remember how much they hurt.  It is amazing how soon I could forget.  I started to regain some of my energy.  I walked on the treadmill.   With Justin, we sat outside in the evening listening to music, and I joined him for yoga. 



Thanks again to the kind people who have brought us food.  It has really helped to always have food available when I need to eat.  Also, thanks for the notes of encouragement.

Now I am back to the chemo regimen (July 22).  Thanks to my children for giving me bright ear rings to wear to the chemo to help brighten my chemo experience.  Several people commented on the beauty of the earrings.  (insert picture of Dad and me)  Unfortunately, my nausea has begun again.  I did not even make it out of the chemo treatment before I lost my delicious lunch with my first nausea incident.  The chemo pump is now connected for a couple of days. Unfortunately, it is a constant companion.



Through this ordeal, I continue to feel the comfort and peace of my Heavenly Father.  Different times during the day when I feel discouraged my spirit has been lifted by my prayers.  As I read over the different family journals, I realize how blessed I have been through out my life.  I have received so many tender mercies.

7 comments:

  1. I am always relieved when I can read your post and get a feel for how you are doing. I love the picture of you and Steve with your earrings to help brighten the chemo experience! I bet you are the only person showing up for chemo with great jewelry on! Those mouth sores were so awful, but yet you do not remember anymore how really bad it was. This is your positive attitude shinning through. You are setting a wonderful example all who read your blog. Our lives are being blessed by your willingness to share this experience with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a fighter. We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your courage and am uplifted by your faith. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your kids gave you bright earrings. I hope that it gives you a bright hope and comfort when you wear them, also representing that you are a bright spot in the lives of so many. We send our prayers and love your way. Shine on Marilyn! Love, Dan and Dee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to copy something our mother wrote about Marilynn and Steve in her journal back in 1986. This is what Afton Felt says about this amazing couple! "I don't know how to describe my feelings about the trip except to say it was one of the best experiences I have had. It is so rewarding to go into the home of one of your children and see how right they do things. Marilynn and Steve are patterning their home the way we have been instructed in the church. There is peace, harmony and deep concern for one another. Would that each of our children would pattern their families this way. They get up early in the morning and have family time, morning family prayer, scripture study. Tory and Stephanie know the scriptures and can tell all the stores with ease. They have breakfast together and time alone with their dad." A wonderful tribute to Marilynn and Steve from Marilynn's mother!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am having so much fun scanning and working digitally on the pictures of Troy, Stephanie, and Justin when they are little. Stacey has just been born now in your pictures and it is so amazing how fast our kids grow up.... isn't it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete