Thursday, June 25, 2015

Back Home


Yesterday, June 23, was a great day.  I was released from the hospital in the evening.  I am so happy to be home.  The nurses were good to me, but it is wonderful to be in one’s own home and one’s own bed.  It is a bit more challenging to keep up with the various medications, but Steve and I seem to be able to do it.

The only additional procedure they performed at the hospital before I checked out was a tapping of my abdomen to remove fluid.  It was not quite as successful as Monday’s procedure in which they removed the fluid around my lungs.   They only recovered 650 ml of fluid from my abdomen.   The procedure was very painful at the time, but it has provided some relief.  However, I still have edema over the lower part of my body.

I am now working to rebuild my health and strength so I can begin chemo as soon as possible.  It is likely that chemo will not begin until later next week.  We meet with the oncologist on Tuesday, June 30.  I have begun working with a nutritionist this week to try to build up my strength.

I really appreciate my family.  It has been fabulous to have Troy, with his daughter, and Lee and Stephanie, with their 4 children, at our house.  Brock and Stacey have had a lot of fun with the kids.  Brock also has cooked some fabulous meals.  We look forward to Justin coming later this week.

A special treat today was a visit from my brother, Ron.  He lives in Indonesia, and was travelling in the US for his work.  I am so happy he took the time to come to visit me.  I especially enjoyed when he shared the stories from the book he is writing about his childhood.  He mentioned several of the stories that related to me.


I really appreciate the support of our family and friends.  

5 comments:

  1. So happy you are home and surround by loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so grateful you're home!!!!!!!!! Keep going Marilynn! We're praying, pulling, hoping, etc for you!!
    Love Julie Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved blowing up the picture with you and Ron, Steve, Stephanie and her kids and Brooklyn! How wonderful to have them all there with you! I so appreciate this wonderful blog and your updates...it means so much. I believe Troy is the man behind the scenes keeping up with it...Thank you Troy!
    Love Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see that you are home and feeling better. Wishing you the very best as you begin the chemotherapy.
    Love Carol Barnett

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful feeling to have so much family around to enjoy fun times and their company. You are in our prayers, we love you and pray everyone will be on board to getting you better f a s t ! ! !

    ReplyDelete