Friday, January 31, 2014

Steph's Here

The nights are getting better but they are still hard times for me.  I am not able to sleep for more than an hour at a time.  I continue to derive comfort from the memory of my parents.  Early this morning I was hurting so baldy.  I was at a loss for what to do.  A while later I woke up and I felt that Mom and Dad had been reading me a story.  They told me "We are going to have to go now but you are going to be alright."  After this I slept well and had a peaceful morning.

My mother would have been 91 years old today.  I am reminded of what a compassionate person she was.   I believe that she found joy in helping others and would often spend time with those who others seemed to not place a priority on serving.

My oldest daughter Stephanie came today to help me out for a little over a week.  She has been so helpful today.  We have had so much fun with her.  We took another walk today and the weather was much easier to enjoy as it was much warmer.  What a beautiful day.

Thanks again for all your support.  This blog has been such a blessing to me.  Please feel free to pass along the blog address to anyone who asks about my progress.  Thanks again for your comments.

7 comments:

  1. Yay for you! I'm so glad Stephanie is there. What blessing your children and Steve are to you. It's great to see this picture of you outside!

    ReplyDelete

  2. What a sweet image of your parents reading to you! You are sandwiched in the love of generations! Keep up the good work. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marilynn, you have always walked by faith. Now you are being blessed with visits by angels.
    I am recalling one evening about 16 years ago when you and I were sitting with dad in his jeep. (We were parked at the Park City Walmart) I told dad I wanted him to hear a song titled "Angels Among Us" by the band, Alabama. Dad loved it! We talked with him about angels that night-------do you remember? We had sisiter's reunion in Park City and you and I were going to go to Walmart. It was about 7pm and dad said, "You should not go out after dark alone. I will come with you." We were blessed while our parents were alive, and the blessings of being there children just go on and on! I am so happy for you knowing you are being watched over by angels!
    Love,
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt so clearly that Mom would be care for you know just as she would when you were her little girl. The story of them reading a story testified of truth to me. Their are angels among us. I am so grateful for this knowledge..
    I love you. I love you family. This is definitely a time of "circling the wagons"
    My whole family is praying for you. We love you. You are an inspiration to me.
    Love,
    Kathleen
    John sends his love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marilynn-that was such a tender post. I believe whole heartedly your parents were there helping you. What a sweet thing of how much they love you and want to help you in your time of need. Our ward is missing you and can't wait for you to get healthy and be among us again. Hugs!! Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You talking about Grandma and Grandpa so often and how much thinking of them helps you and inspires me to be a parent like them that even when I am on the other side my children will be able to find comfort from my love for them, memories, and help from the other side.

    Your children will definitely think of you and Steve this way. I also love how you and Steve are best friends and how he with you as much as possible.
    Thanks for your example. We fasted for you yesterday and continue to pray for you in each prayer. Love you!
    Kyle, Collette, & Zak

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marilynn-I saw your blog for your for the first time this morning. :)) Thank you for sharing your journey. I pray your physical body will heal. :)) I love to see the pictures of Grandma and Grandpa with you, and the picture of your family, and the one of the Savior. I can feel the comfort you are receiving by having those pictures to look at each day. The experience with Grandma and Grandpa is so touching and so real. Thanks for sharing that. I, too, have a strong testimony that they are close to their family, and minister to us in times of need, especially now, to you, their daughter, during this time of trial. May you feel my family's love and care. With love--Jodi and Family

    ReplyDelete